Monday, April 6, 2009

Cats and Kittens Everywhere

Theresa and Caroline trapped over 25 cats and kittens yesterday in Punta Gorda as part of the Key West Cat Society's dedication to the TNR mission (trap, neuter, release). That's just the beginning for these cats. Two momma cats had litters already and Theresa asked if I could foster a pregnant mother cat through her pregnancy which we thought might be another two weeks. I said yes, of course, and brought this beautiful momma home and made up her kitty condo on my dining room table - with a hiding room and plenty of soft towels. Throughout the night I could hear her softly crying, and I got up to check on her and pet her head and under her chin. Around 4 am she began giving birth to her litter of 4 kittens. All is well. I have always dreamed of having little kittens in my home and now I am blessed to watch them grow, love them and find their families. This beautiful mother cat has been a joy to take care of as she takes care of her little ones. We don't know yet whether or not she will return to the outdoors after her kittens are gone, but my guess is she will find her own family to love and to love her. Theresa, Caroline and I will keep you up to date on the other cats from this colony. Spread the word. Trap-Neuter-Release saves lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin